Monday, February 28, 2011

CATCHING UP... DIY CHALK BOARD

I LOVE BIRDS!!!!

I am a rummager and a sucker for a good deal/cheap deal/FREE merchandise. Not too long ago my mom and I raided an old house and found an old cardboard monkey. It is now hanging in my guest bedroom. I tried to think of a clever way to have him "welcome" guests. this is what I came up with....

Materials:
- pieces of cardboard (mine were left over from a package of scrapbook paper.. used as the backing)
- chalkboard paint (wal*mart)
- chalk


As you can see in the background I have a stuffed monkey because Matt won't let me have a real one. It ties in with the monkey on the wall.... 

So I cut the cardboard to my desired shape using a pencil to draw it. Then I painted it. I used another cardboard piece as backing and drew dashes and dots around the edges to add some flair. this is the result....

a fun monkey that says hello to our house guests. crappy picture but you get the idea. I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment