Monday, February 28, 2011

Round Number 2: DIY Pin "Cushion"

I want to do this blog thing... so I'm doing it. Motivated is not my middle name. In fact a quote I saw recently describes me well:
                   "Hard work is for the future; Laziness always pays off now."
                   -- although I find it funny, I don't always want to live it out.
                                             so here goes round number 2 on this blog.

Recently we made a trip to Ikea and as I was assembling my shelving unit, I had two styrofoam blocks left over from the packaging. Hoarding took over and I thought, "I could use that for something." Thankfully I did use it right away and it didn't get added to my pile of "I will find a use for it laters..."

Materials:
- Fabric from an old shirt
- Styrofoam block
- Pins

After I cut the fabric to the size I wanted (it doesn't have to be perfect), I wrapped the fabric around and pinned it in place.

I am dabbling in the arena of sewing and am constantly forgetting where I put needles/they roll off the desk and I waste time trying to find them on the floor. This little guy solves that problem and it's cute to boot. (haha rhymage).
Now... what to do with the other block?



No comments:

Post a Comment